At Community Church of Waterford, we believe people matter to God and He desires to be in community with us. We also believe the local church is the hope of the world where people who are seeking answers and hope for their lives can find forgiveness, healing and new life. We are committed to reaching out because we recognize that small things done with great love will change the world.
Because we have a God who loves us and passionately pursues us, we seek to faithfully follow Him. We do this by growing in our understanding of who God is and by discovering what purposes He has for our lives.
Spiritual growth isn’t something that “just happens.” We believe spiritual growth happens as a result of the daily decisions we make for how we will invest our time and energy. To help direct those investments of personal time and energy, we as a church have committed ourselves to four core values and practices to guide us as we seek to fulfill our mission:
Life is about invitations. Community Church of Waterford is committed to be a place where people can expect:
- To come, explore and find a safe place for questions of faith.
- To hear the good news about Jesus Christ and to learn more about His purpose for their lives.
- To experience what it is like to be a part of a church family and discover how their story and other stories come together in God’s story.
It is essential to grow in knowledge and faith as we strive to become more like Jesus and seek to imitate Him in all ways. This requires us to take full responsibility for our next steps through:
- Accepting Christ into our life as our personal Lord and Savior.
- Making a commitment to become a part of a local church family.
- Developing spiritual disciplines.
- Identifying our areas of giftedness and our passions for serving and discovering where these gifts can best be used in the church family and surrounding community.
- Using our physical and financial gifts to glorify God by supporting our church family in accomplishing the unique mission God has asked us to do.
Our life and growth is further enhanced through connecting with other believers and developing relationships within community through:
- Allowing people to come along side of us to experience life deeply together as a church family.
- Participating in Life Group experiences to get to know and experience life with others at a deeper level
- Joining in the ministry and service opportunities available within the church family.
- Experiencing worship together as a body of Christ believers.
Just knowing God’s purposes for our lives is not enough. We must also act on our knowledge. Putting our faith into action, we are:
- Joining in the outreach opportunities of the church to make a difference in the lives of our family within the community and throughout the world.
- Looking for opportunities outside of the church to show God’s love by providing help and hope to people in need.